An IB centre of excellence
Situated on 20-acres of Surrey countryside 25 miles from central London, ACS Egham is an IB World School enrolling around 610 students between the ages of 3 and 18 – Early Childhood to High School. ACS Egham is the only school in the UK to offer all 4 International Baccalaureate programmes – the Primary Years, Middle Years, Diploma and Career-related Certificate.
The school has purpose-built computer labs, libraries, spacious classrooms, playgrounds and sports fields, Visual Arts & Design Technology Centre, Science Wing and dedicated IB Diploma Centre. A state-of-the-art sports centre opened on campus in September 2012 providing a whole range of exciting new opportunities for students, including an IB Diploma Sports, Exercise and Health Science course.
ACS Egham is currently the only school in England fully authorised to offer all four International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes:
- IB Primary Years Programme (IBPYP) for children 3-11
- IB Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) for ages 11-16
- IB Diploma Programme (IBDP) for ages 16-18.
- IB Career-related Certificate programme (IBCC) for ages 16-18
The IB Programme is globally recognised and accepted for continuing education in American and international schools, and at universities worldwide.
ACS Egham have a dedicated IB Diploma Centre, which provides the following facilities:
- Study Space/classroom for individual and collaborative study designed to impact positively on student performance
- Additional small classroom spaces for meetings, presentations, native language tutoring or small group activities
- Office space for the IB Diploma Co-ordinator, Secretary and the University Counsellor who will all be housed in the new centre facilitating improved support and collaboration for all Grade 11/12 students
- University Counselling suite including a space for visiting University Admissions
- A lounge/break out area where IB Diploma students can relax
- Dedicated computer and presentation equipment
- Kitchen and refreshment facilities
ACS Egham is delighted with this development which provides our Grade 11-12 students with the space and resources they require as they complete their final years of High School study and prepare to transition as independent learners to the world of further education.
Small class sizes encourage individual attention, and support for various learning styles, so students are inspired and challenged accordingly. If required, Child Study Teams convene individual student's teachers, administrators and parents, to ensure that the child is appropriately supported.
A Language Coordinator assists families in organising native language lessons after-school or, if possible, during the school day. The High School operates an electronic data storage device programme, supported by the latest education software, which is fully integrated into the curriculum. Each student receives an electronic data storage device, which operates on the wireless network at the campus.
Information regarding our faculty and their academic achievements is available from the school by request. Please contact the HR Department to request a copy of this information.