Our core purpose, ‘Through learning, inspire all to make a difference,’ takes on new meaning as we engage teachers in professional learning.
Enabling professional collaboration that informs school development
and improves learner outcomes
In the constant pursuit of excellence in education, CIM was established in September 2012. Its aims are to cultivate a research-engaged school by:
- Championing collaborative inquiry as an effective form of professional development aimed at improving teaching and learning
- Driving the rigorous use and practice of school-based academic and co-curricular research as the foundation for a research-engaged school
- Harnessing and supporting the creativity clearly present across our schools
- Strengthening partnerships among campuses and divisions
- Forging relationships with external organisations to further international education
Working in close collaboration with the Heads of School, the Managing Director and the Board Chairman, CIM strives to make a difference by supporting the professional development and lifelong learning of ACS staff members.
Participation in Practitioner-Led Action Research (PLAR) is widely recognised as a highly effective form of professional development and the reason the Centre for Inspiring Minds (CIM) was established. Each year, a number of research project proposal are selected by the Heads of School. Successful project teams engage in a year-long professional development journey, supported by CIM staff members and external experts.
In addition, CIM Explorations offer a range of on-line and face-to-face professional development opportunities for teachers and staff members.
- Courses offer opportunities to build graduate-level understanding of research and professional collaboration methods
- Workshops offer opportunities to build professional competencies associated with teaching effectiveness, data-informed teaching and learning, practitioner-led action research, and professional collaboration
- Seminars offer opportunities to engage in topical discussions with recognised experts and thought leaders