We are proud of our international community, and their commitment to make a difference.
Founded in 1967 to serve the needs of global and local families, ACS International Schools educate over 3,700 students, aged 2 to 18, day and boarding, from more than 100 countries. Our schools – 3 in Greater London and 1 in Doha, Qatar – are all non-sectarian and co-educational.
Our world-renowned curriculum includes all International Baccalaureate (IB) Programmes, and top US programmes including Advanced Placement (AP) courses and the new AP Capstone & International Diplomas. Academic success enables ACS graduates to attend the college of their choice, and many of the world's finest universities.
At ACS we prepare our students to be ready.
Ready for cultures that crossover, boundaries that blur and ideas that interconnect.
Ready for a world that demands a new kind of learning – and a new kind of citizen.
At ACS we prepare our students to be ready. Ready for cultures that crossover, boundaries that blur and ideas that interconnect. Ready for a world that demands a new kind of learning – and a new kind of citizen.
We engage in community
- Motivate and value others
- When every voice is heard, nobody feels left out
- Strong partnerships between students, parents and staff create a genuine feeling of family
- Pride in what we do energises the special environment we share
- Place value on quality
- Engage students in their own education
- Together we are dynamic, viable, and secure
- Value opinions
- Respect for others builds self-respect
- Invest in people and they will invest in you
- Foster a sense of belonging to enrich a warm and friendly environment
- Provide foundation and continuity to the many communities that make up our community
- Take all from where they are to where they want to be
- Remember, change is exciting as a shared experience
- Our global community is an education in itself.
We drive positive change
- Action your wider responsibilities to the world
- Always endeavour to do the right thing
- Be an ambassador for our extended international community
- Promote global citizenship through deeds as well as words
- Collaborate to achieve a wider understanding
- Get involved in humanitarian issues outside your comfort zone
- Promote sustainability as an integral part of everyday life
- Never tire of giving to those less fortunate
- Strive to provide stability in an uncertain world
- Try your best to make others happy
- Accept opportunities to contribute in new and uplifting ways
- Develop love for the people around you
- See a world without barriers
- Embrace social responsibility.
We promote excellence through learning
- Share success
- Ensure students leave with more than good grades
- Encourage broad talents, as a good education is not all about one thing
- Set individual goals, as achievement means different things to different people
- The journey is important
- Achieve because the focus is on students, lifelong learning and not just results
- Inspire all to be the best they can be
- Discover and liberate the motivation to succeed that lies in everyone
- Embody an ethos that enables excellence, rather than one that delivers excellence at any cost
- Encourage integrity as a form of personal excellence
- Provide the opportunity for all to succeed through their own desire
- Prepare flexible minds
- Seed excellence into everything
- Succeed with integrity.
We enrich the international experience
- Value and appreciate your role as a contributing member of one Earth
- See and affect the world on your doorstep and beyond
- Appreciate that international is the norm here
- Draw unity from the fact that everyone is from somewhere else
- Develop hearts and minds that respect cultural differences
- Bring a sense of commonality to diversity
- Use diversity to enhance learning
- Champion the understanding of all cultures
- Remain open-minded and curious
- Enjoy the benefits of being part of a cosmopolitan group
- Treat all differences thoughtfully
- Diversity is stimulating and motivating when understood
- Make all feel accepted.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
An effective learner
• Directing their own learning with focus and curiosity
• Using a range of languages and media
• Working with others for a common purpose
• Using creativity and imagination to address big questions
• Pursuing individual interests with enthusiasm and determination.
A confident individual
• Navigating challenges with confidence and courage
• Addressing personal physical, emotional and social well-being
• Acting ethically and demonstrating personal integrity
• Focusing on the positive in thought and action
• Learning and growing through experiences and relationships.
A caring contributor
• Considering the world, their ideas and experiences
• Building respectful relationships with people different from oneself
• Making positive contributions to individuals and communities
• Modelling ethical global citizenship
• Sustaining the ecological systems and resources that support life.