Global Young Leaders & English and multi-activity residential programme
ACS has partnered with Discovery Summer to offer two summer programmes for international students. It is an opportunity for students aged from 10 years old to 16 years old to develop their English skills in engaging academic and extra-curricular activities. All our students stay within our outstanding boarding facilities and enjoy cultural trips to London and surrounding areas.
Watch the Discovery Summer Camp video
Why choose us?
Our blended programme ensures all students are streamed according to nationality and language level. Importantly, all our classes have a maximum of only 15 students, ensuring everyone receives the best possible attention and support. We offer students:
A choice of 2 and 4-week programmes combining English courses with interactive classes designed to develop core language skills, and better prepare students for their future education.
- Classes are designed to encourage creativity, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, and the development of entrepreneurial skills.
- Weekly 1-2-1 mentoring sessions to review and discus individual goals.
- Exciting activities that help build confidence in new skills, and encourage teamwork.
- The very best residential accommodation and campus facilities on a beautiful 128-acre campus, only minutes away from London.
Accommodation and Supervision
The outstanding new boarding house at ACS Cobham, sits within a secure campus with 24-hour security, surrounded by state-of-the-art sports facilities and acres of private woodlands. It boasts:
- Only single and twin, en suite, study bedrooms
- Spacious and light lounges and games rooms
- A cinema room
- Residential staff
- WiFi throughout
Welcome to boarding at ACS Cobham, a thriving and diverse community with outstanding accommodation and facilities for boys and girls aged 12 to 18.
Activities & Trips
Our Programme Details
We offer a full and varied afternoon and evening activity programme including:
- 2 trips every week to cultural and entertainment venues in London and the surrounding counties, eg: top museums and galleries, theme parts, guided walking tours, London-by-Night, a West End show, university tours and punting in Oxford, Bristol city Banksy tour, Windsor Castle, and Hampton Court Palace.
- A wide range of weekly campus-based activities including sports, art and design classes, team games and fun challenges.
- Evening BBQs, talent shows, digital treasure hunts, and pool parties.
Our boarders engage in a host of weekend and after-school activities, from drama and music production, through competitive sports, to school committees and local and global outreach projects.
We focus on conversational and core language skills that develop technical accuracy and enhance fluency through a range of lively, interactive sessions, like create your own podcast, and hot seat debates.
Our core programme is supported by:
- Study skill sessions covering note-taking, active listening, source evaluation, and how to interpret data. All essential to improve future educational pathways into programmes such as the International Baccalaureate.
- Weekly Enrichment Workshops that complement classes such as Coding, Skills Olympics, and British Culture.
- The development and practice of presentation skills.
Key skill development
Teaches students how to be effective leaders. We explore ideas, solve problems, and develop public speaking skills. Collaborative activities include Model United Nations, and product development.
Makes Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths come alive through interactive session in forensics, 3D modelling, and GPS tracking systems.
Enables students to develop confidence, diction, and analytical skills through collaborative, fun, activities like 2-Minute Shakespeare, portrait painting, radio Cobham, and play readings.