AP courses give students access to rigorous college-level work.
Students who display exceptional achievement across a variety of disciplines can attain globally recognised qualifications which certificates certifies outstanding academic excellence with a global perspective. The AP Capstone helps students develop key academic skills useful in college and beyond as they become more self-confident, independent thinkers and problem solvers.
AP students build confidence and learn the essential time management and study skills needed for college and career success. Institutions of higher learning value the rigour of AP courses, providing applicants a competitive advantage for admission.
AP courses offered
|English||Mathematics||History and Social Sciences||Science||World Languages||Electives|
|English Language||Statistics||European History||Physics||French||Computer Science|
|English Literature||Calculus||Geography||Chemistry||German||Studio Art 2|
AP Scholar Awards & Requirements
Grades of 3 or higher on three or more full-year AP exams
AP Scholar with Honour
Grades of 3 or higher on four or more full-year AP exams avg. exams grade of 3.25
AP Scholar with Distinction
Grades of 3 or higher on five or more full-year AP exams; avg. exam grade of 3.5
AP International Scholar
The one male and one female student in the world with the highest grades on the greatest number of full-year AP exams. Student must attend a school outside the US.
AP International Diploma
It requires students to display mastery on AP Exams across several disciplines, and represents an exceptional level of achievement.
Students must earn scores of 3 or higher on five or more total AP Exams, allowing students to demonstrate that they have exceeded most university entry requirements, and some of the most competitive scholarship awards consider students’ AP Exam scores. Many universities also use AP Exam scores to place students into honors classes.
Currently only available at ACS Cobham
AP Capstone Diploma
AP Capstone is built on the foundation of a new, two-year High School course sequence — AP Seminar and AP Research — and is designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study provided through AP courses. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
Benefits of AP Capstone
- Fosters the research, argumentation, and communication skills that are at the core of college readiness and essential for lifelong learning
- Provides a setting to build on the knowledge and rigorous course work of AP in an interdisciplinary format
- Offers students a unique opportunity to distinguish themselves to colleges and universities
- Builds professional excellence through participation in an intensive, weeklong collaborative professional development institute
- Offers a flexible curricular content model with room for creativity and student input
- Affords schools and districts the distinction of offering a rigorous, widely recognized diploma program
- Helps identify students who are prepared to enter college with the research, writing, and collaboration skills necessary for successful college completion
- Provides consistent, externally validated measures of student ability
- Demonstrates student research and writing abilities through a 5,000-word scholarly research paper