Learn to swim
The ACS Learn to Swim (LTS) programme offers a safe and fun environment for 3 to 16 year old swimmers to learn, develop and master their swimming skills. It follows the ASA British National Swimming Association Curriculum and is divided into eight different stages according to the abilities of the swimmers.
We welcome students of ACS and children from the extended community also. Each swim class from Stage 1 to 6 is a 30 minutes session. Stage 7 is a 45 minutes class. Stage 8 is a 1 hour class. At Stage 1 and 2 we have a maximum of five swimmers per class and per teacher.
From Stage 3 upwards the ratio is six kids per class and per instructor. Learn to Swim Programme Dates The Learn to Swim (LTS) programme operates in 2 terms per school year, each of 18 weeks, and follows the school calendar (when the school is closed, the programme will not run):
- Term 1: From September 9th 2018 to February 2nd 2019
- Term 2: From February 3rd 2019 to June 15th 2019
The LTS programme runs at the ACS Doha indoor swimming pool on weekdays from 2.30pm to 6pm.
The week is divided as follows:
- Boys: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday (morning time only from 8.30am to 12.30pm).
- Girls: Sunday and Tuesday (no males allowed on poolside).
All children who are interested in signing up with our Learn to Swim programme must do an assessment prior to starting the programme. The purpose of the assessment is to determine the correct swim level of your child, so we can place them in the appropriate class. We are running assessments in the afternoons. The assessment takes no longer than 10 mins and it is free of charge. Please get in touch at email@example.com to book an assessment appointment.
The full term fare is 1440qar (18 weeks long) and the price of each lesson in 80qar. ACS Staff receive a 20% discount (1152qar for the full term). The full term needs to be paid in advance at the time of booking. Any weeks missed will be discounted accordingly. Payment is made in cash at the school’s Finance office.
- Mr Nabil will be teaching the boys sessions and has plenty of experience as a swim coach and as a swim teacher. He has been working at ACS for the past year, helping children to improve their water confidence and aquatic skills.
- Ms Ana will be teaching the girls sessions and some of the boys. She is in charge of the School Aquatics programme and has more than 10 years of experience in different countries. She has helped many children in Doha to become better swimmers!
If you'd like to further your interest, please get in contact with us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org