Founded on three strong principles
- Holistic learning
- Intercultural awareness.
Underpinned by the IB Learner Profile, to be
Subjects to Expect
The MYP’s curriculum framework comprises eight subject groups, providing a broad and balanced education for early adolescents.
- Language and Literature (English)
- Language Acquisition (French or Spanish)
- Mathematics (offered at Foundation, Standard and Extended levels in all grades)
- Sciences (incorporating all scientific disciplines)
- Individuals and Societies (incorporating History and Geography)
- Arts (Drama, Music and Visual Art)
- Design (Product Design and Digital Design)
- Physical and Health Education.
- Students in each grade level participate in Wellbeing studies as part of an advisory programme. Students in Grades 9 and 10 also complete a course of Study Skills each year.
- Service as Action is an integral part of learning the MYP and students complete an Advisory Service Project each year, as well as participating in service activities on an individual basis.
- Students in Grade 10 complete a Personal Project in their final year of MYP. project through which students apply what they’ve learned an development new skills in an individual inquiry into a globally-significant topic of interest.
The MYP is designed to build upon the knowledge, skills, understandings and attitudes developed in the Primary Years Programme, and best prepares students to meet the academic challenges of the IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career-related Programme.