IB Primary Years Programme (IBPYP)
The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) nurtures and develops students as caring, active participants in a lifelong journey of learning. Through its inquiry-led, transdisciplinary framework, the PYP challenges students to think for themselves and exercise agency to explore who we are, how we express ourselves, where we are in space and time, how the world works, how we organise ourselves, and sharing the planet.
The IBPYP develops:
- Sensitivity to the experiences of others through the curriculum
- The characteristics listed in the student profile
- The attitudes that are an explicit element of the programme
- The expectation of socially responsible action as a result of the learning experience.
Subjects to Expect
The PYP supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it, and helps them establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish.
PYP studies are based on six subject areas:
- Social studies
- Personal / Social / Physical education.
In order to make the most of the diversity of background and experience of our students, the PYP synthesises the best from educational systems around the world. The PYP aims to develop international sensitivity through key questions derived from the concepts and through the content of the written curriculum.
*ACS Doha is an IBPYP Candidate school awaiting full authorisation from the IB.