The academic qualifications we offer are rigorous and include a variety of subject choices to cater for all interests.
In Grades 9 and 10 this provides students with the foundations they need to enter any one of the the courses offered in Grades 11 and 12.
Our Senior students benefit from following options, which are recognised at universities across the globe.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme - IBDP
- IB Careers-related Programme - IBCP (from Aug 2020 Subject to Authorisation *)
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- AP Capstone Diploma
- US High School Diploma courses
- LAMDA Level 3 Qualification
We have high expectations of all our students, while offering support to ensure that students are able to achieve their full potential.
* Note: ACS Hillingdon International School is a candidate school for the CP. This school is pursuing authorisation as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education - that we believe is important for our students. Only schools authorised by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.
A choice of programmes, tailored to each student
In grades 9 and 10, students take eight separate courses, working toward the upper grades where students will study the International Bacalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP) Capstone Diploma, High School (HS) courses, or a combination of these.
These courses include Mathematics, Science, Physical Education, World Languages, English, Visual and Performing Arts, and Humanities.
Before entering grade 11, students choose the academic path they want to follow for the next two years; the IB Diploma Programme, Advanced Placement courses, High School courses or a mixture of these. All students have the opportunity to earn an ACS Hillingdon High School Diploma regardless of the academic pathway chosen.
IB Diploma Programme (IBDP)
Reassuringly independent and rigorous, the IBDP is a premium entrance qualification to universities around the world, recognised for its academic integrity, range, and the high level of study skills each student must develop to succeed.
High School Programme Guide ACS Hillingdon
Private Music Tuition
In grades 9 and 10 there is an opportunity to take private music lessons on campus. The programme is available to students for violin, viola, flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, bass guitar, guitar, drums, voice and piano. The private music lessons are 30 minutes long and take place during regular classes on a rotating basis.
Outreach and Service Opportunities
At ACS, our core values state we will “engage in community” and “drive positive change”. In keeping with these values, we run faculty-led service projects to enhance a student’s community awareness and sense of responsibility towards others.
During the year, students take trips, learn about a global issue linked to our curriculum, and create a community service action plan.
All students in the high school are encouraged to participate in an activity that inspires them to give back to the community. Students document their participation and reflections and participate in programmes that are both local to the Greater London area and international in nature.
More subjects to explore
As the arts are a crucial part of school life, we make sure our students are exposed to the widest range of participation opportunities.
Music & Performing Arts
Here at ACS we are expanding our opportunities for the whole community to engage in music.
At ACS Hillingdon, with over 40 clubs and 60 sports teams, there are no shortage of opportunities to get involved. We are lucky to have 14 acres of sports fields so close to London; something our parents and students really appreciate.