Catering General Assistant
We are looking for a Catering General Assistant to join our team at ACS Cobham.
The main scope of this role is to assist with the general day to day running of the Kitchen and Food Court and Lower School Dining Area at ACS Cobham. Food preparation and customer service duties are a key part of this role.
- To work within the guidelines of the HACCP policy.
- To safely follow all kitchen procedures and policy.
- To be responsible in preparing the Food Court for opening services.
- To operate tills points during this service, also deal with customer queries.
- To replenish stock throughout service, display a proactive attitude to customer requests.
- To ensure that all work areas are kept clean and sanitised, throughout every service.
- Ensure that all checklists are signed off and completed correctly at the close of each section you are responsible for.
- To set up, serve and clean down service areas after the School lunch, if necessary liaise between the duty chef and the duty lunch supervisors.
- To advise the duty chef of any ordering requirements and/or supplier issues.
- Experience in a similar food service job is preferred.
- Must possess sufficient numeracy skills to operate tills.
- Literacy skills to understand and fill out HACCP checklists.
- Experience and or training in Food Safety preferred.
- To be mindful of customer service at all times and project a cheerful ‘can do’ attitude.
- To record accurate financial transactions as required.
- To be a good communicator and a strong team player.
Based at ACS Cobham working 5 out of 7 days on a weekly rota to include some evenings and weekends.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.