ACS Doha are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to start in September 2019.
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To lead the Finance function in Doha, delivering accurate and timely reporting and proactive, value-adding business support.
• To provide leadership and management of the Finance function in Doha, including: Ensuring accurate and timely maintenance of all accounting records (General Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Petty Cash records etc.).
• Delivering timely and accurate management reporting and forecasting to budget holders in Doha and UK Finance Department
• Prepares draft Financial Statements, liaising with UK Finance and auditors
• Working with the Head of School to support the Group annual planning cycle (Strategic Planning, Business Planning and Budget)
• Providing proactive input and expertise on local market and issues in all areas of the job
• Managing School Fees (Accounts Receivable): liaising with admissions and UK Finance, and engaging with parents as necessary
• Works closely with UK Payroll to ensure accurate and timely processing. Provides local expertise.
• Manages and develops the Doha Finance team to deliver high standards.
• Working with Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to provide proactive, high quality commercial support to the business
• Proactively managing cash flow management, working closely with UK Finance
• Taking responsibility for tax and insurance, working closely with UK Finance
• Meeting local compliance requirements (including the SEC fee application)
• Effective development and management of all stakeholder relationships
• Attending business networking opportunities (eg. Chamber of Commerce, local business meetings etc.) as appropriate, to promote and enhance the reputation of ACS.
• Undertaking any other general ad hoc projects or activities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Qualified Accountant (ACMA or ACCA)
• Significant experience of management accounting, budgeting and forecasting
• Previous experience of people management
• Excellent Excel skills
• Good systems knowledge ideally Access, Insight and AOI
• Fluent English speaker
• Proactive, high energy self-starter
• Good attention to detail with a strong deadlines focus
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• A good team player, with an international mindset
• Strong interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with stakeholders
ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of ACS you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within ACS International Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.