General Assistant (Part time)
ACS Cobham are recruiting for a part time General/ Catering Assistant to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has previous experience in the school catering or hospitality. The successful candidate would be part of a team of over 20 staff members, serving fresh, nutritious & healthy food to students from over the world. The main scope of this role is to assist with the general preparation and serving the food for students and staff.
- To work within the guidelines of the HACCP policy.
- To safely follow all kitchen procedures and policy.
- To assist with preparing the Food Court for opening services.
- To operate tills points during this service, also deal with customer queries. (Training given)
- To replenish stock throughout service, display a proactive attitude to customer requests.
- To ensure that all work areas are kept clean and sanitised, throughout every service.
- To set up, serve and clean down service areas after the School lunch, if necessary, liaise between the duty chef and the duty lunch supervisors.
- Experience in a similar food service job is preferred.
- Must possess enough numeracy skills to operate tills.
- Literacy skills to understand and fill out HACCP checklists.
- Experience and or training in Food Safety preferred.
- To be mindful of customer service always and project a cheerful ‘can do’ attitude.
- To record accurate financial transactions as required.
- To be a good communicator and a strong team player.
This is a permanent, term time role, working 5 out of 7 days, 20 hours per week and may include some weekends and bank holidays.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.