Head of Basketball - Part Time
ACS International Schools is looking for a Head of Basketball to join the Sport Centre team at ACS Cobham on a part time basis starting in August 2019 for a 1 year contract.
Under the direction of the Head of Sports, this role manages the basketball programs at all levels (recreational, developmental and advanced) including curriculum and co-curriculum teaching. Lead a large team of specialist and non-specialist staff to promote and deliver a wide range of sporting opportunities. This role will liaise with the Head of Sports with managing the appropriate budget line for their area of responsibility, coordinate up to 10 coaching staff including making sure that all the required and relevant certifications are current and up to date and create and implement a wider range of extra-curricular basketball programs offered by the Sports Department to the community that will also produce additional revenue.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience required for this position:
- Committed to working as a team
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the field of Basketball
- Sports coaching qualification/s essential
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- Project management skills
- Delegation skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interacts positively with various constituent groups
- Commitment to integrity and positive environment for student-athletes and coaches
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.