High School Principal
ACS Cobham International school seeks an energetic and visionary leader, someone that has an innovative style in transforming student learning.
We are looking for an individual with the knowledge, skills and experience to lead our High School (Grades 9-12) programme and continue to be an outstanding environment for our students and staff to thrive. Our new High School Principal will work with excellent staff, delightful students and engaged parents to develop a supportive, challenging and inspiring learning environment. The High School Principal is the instructional leader of the High School and a member of the school's Senior Leadership Team as well as having responsibility for ensuring that High School students and staff flourish in an atmosphere that provides challenge, inspiration and support.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree essential, Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from an internationally-recognised university or college preferable
- A qualified teacher with 10 years teaching experience
- IBDP experience is preferred
- Previous school leadership experience, ideally in an International School Open, collaborative and visible presence leadership style
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and manage unpredictable demands from staff and students
- Current in their reading, thinking and potrail of ideas
- Quick on the spot decision making process imperative but without deviating from long term aims
- Priorities without deviating from longer term aims
- Courage and conviction of opinions and decisions
- Ability to quickly build effective and sustainable working relationships with the wider community while sensitive to other cultures and values
- Able to focus activities towards achievement of vision
- Purposeful and responsive influencing style
- Excellent prioritising, planning and organising skills
- Excellent team working skills Able to seek advice and support when necessary
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A good sense of humour
Collaboration - demonstrable evidence of sharing perspectives and working collaboratively in order to move towards a shared goal and create a positive environment.
Nurturing Relationships - demonstrable evidence of caring for others and making the effort to build effective working relationships with colleagues. Clear communication both verbal and written.
Decision Making - Focussing on defining solutions, using a rational approach to making decisions and being prepared to commit to a clear course of action.
Making things happen - The drive, motivation and commitment to make things happen, focusing on delivering outcomes and being proactive rather than reactive. Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for education and good understanding of behaviours of relevant age groups.
Resilience - Responding positively to pressure, remaining emotionally stable and positive when faced with challenges.
Promoting positive change - Demonstrating ambition to be better, embracing change and coming up with new ways of working for the good of the students and the school.
Applying Learning - Seeking opportunities to learn and develop and applying learning to new challenges.
Salary range is GBP 72,000 to GBP 90,000 per annum
Role start date: 1st August 2020 Date posted: 14/06/2019
Applications close: 20/09/2019
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.