ACS International Schools are looking for an HR Advisor to join our team based in Hillingdon. The purpose of this role is to provide advice about HR policies, procedures and regulations to enable the Head of School/Function, Principals, Heads of Department and Line Managers to manage staff effectively.
Overall Purpose of the role:
- Provide advice and support to school/business support managers and staff about applying HR policies, procedures and regulations
- Advise and support the school/ business support managers to successfully manage their staff effectively, in particular to advise on employee relations matters
- Proactively advise the School/Business Support managers about compliance, pre-employment checks, immigration regulations and requirements. Support recruitment and induction/on-boarding of new staff, including appropriate support to those staff recruited from overseas.
- Work closely with the HR Administrators to ensure legally compliant and up-to-date information is held on the HR Information System, Single Central Register and staff files and enable them to provide correct information as required.
- Attend School/Business Support Leadership Team meetings and contribute to the annual plans as and when required.
- Participate in HR team meetings ensuring school HR issues, needs and solutions are shared across the HR team thus maximising efficiency of operation and cost effectiveness of resources.
Skills and Experience Required:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Minimum of two years experience of working in an HR advisory role ideally gained in a customer-facing, professional services or education environment
- Strong relationships will need to be built with key stakeholders in the school and business support functions, and the wider HR team
- Identify and prioritise the key issues and work collaboratively with line managers
- Must have good understanding of employment law and proven experience in effectively managing employee relations matters, particularly disciplinaries, grievances, other regulatory meetings (e.g. flexible working requests, performance improvement plans)
This is a full time role based at ACS Hillingdon.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.