IB Psychology Teacher
We are looking for an experienced Psychology Teacher to join the High School team at ACS Cobham International School.
The candidate will deliver IB Diploma Psychology within grades 11 and 12 in the High School.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Bachelors degree or international equivalent as a minimum in the relevant subject
- A teaching qualification
- Experience teaching IBDP Psychology to high school students
- Knowledge of AP is advantageous
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of/willingness to integrate technology to improve teaching and learning
- Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for teaching and good understanding of behaviours of the relevant age group
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Experience of teaching in an international school is preferred
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Understanding of and commitment to the Mission, Aims and Values of ACS International Schools
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, allied with outstanding interpersonal skills
- A collaborative approach to team working
- A reflective and analytical thinker
- An entrepreneurial problem-solver
- Positive personality, with the ability to judge the appropriate balance of support and challenge that individual young people need in order to thrive
- Collaboration - demonstrable evidence of sharing perspectives and working collaboratively in order to move towards a shared goal and create a positive environment.
- Nurturing Relationships - demonstrable evidence of caring for others and making the effort to build effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Clear communication both verbal and written.
- Decision Making-Focussing on defining solutions, using a rational approach to making decisions and being prepared to commit to a clear course of action.
- Making things happen-The drive, motivation and commitment to make things happen, focusing on delivering outcomes and being proactive rather than reactive.
- Demonstrable positive and tolerant outlook, enthusiasm for education and good understanding of behaviours of relevant age groups.
- Resilience-Responding positively to pressure, remaining emotionally stable and positive when faced with challenges.
- Promoting positive change-Demonstrating ambition to be better, embracing change and coming up with new ways of working for the good of the students and the school.
- Applying Learning-Seeking opportunities to learn and develop and applying learning to new challenges.
Salary range is GBP 35,000 to GBP 46,000 per annum
Role start date: 1st August 2019
Date posted: 19th March 2019
Applications close: 16th April 2019
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.