ACS Hillingdon is looking for a High School Laboratory Technician to join their team. The purpose of this role is to support the practical and technical aspects of the science curriculum by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for healthy, safe and secure practical activities across all the sciences.
- Meet with staff to discuss options and requirements for practical activities and source resources
- Setup labs and trial practical activities.
- Prepare practical activities including making/amending specific resources
- Deliver and collect equipment for practical activities and refurbish between classes
- Clearing away equipment and chemicals safely, washing up and refurbishing labs and prep room
- Assist staff and students with practical lessons where needed.
- Maintain chemical stock and repair laboratory equipment
- Stock check and take inventories of science equipment
- Ordering of equipment and resources including checking deliveries and invoices
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a laboratory technician in school or college science departments
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, risk assessments and CLEAPSS
- One or more of the following laboratory technician qualifications: GNVQ, BTEC first or intermediate, Vocational GCSE, NVQ2, City & Guilds part(i), ONC, OND, HNC or HND or equivalent
- Intermediate/advanced IT skills
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check