ACS Cobham are looking for individuals to join our Sports Centre team on a casual basis to provide support to our full-time team at weekends and occasional weekday cover. The role includes lifeguarding and therefore applicants must have a valid National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ).
- Maintain concentrated observation of the swimming pool and pool users in order to anticipate any problems that may occur. Maintain and rotate pool positions as outlined in the swimming pool Normal Operating Procedures (NOP) and maintain communication with colleagues at all times.
- Carry out rescues and initiate other emergency action as and when necessary, in accordance with the Sports Centre NOP and Emergency Action Plan (EAP). Ensure all emergency first aid equipment and poolside emergency equipment is present and working correctly.
- Carry out regular water testing as prescribed in the swimming pool NOP and report any discrepancies to the Line Manager
- Maintain safe, clean and hygienic conditions in the pool hall and other related areas (changing rooms, shower areas, toilets etc), inspecting those areas and initiating action to ensure that the required environment is maintained at all times (either yourself or by contacting relevant department).
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Emergency 1st Aid (1 day)
- Experience of working in a sports/leisure environment
For further information and/or to express an interest in this opportunity please e-mail Sharon Treves at firstname.lastname@example.org ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.