Middle/High School Counsellor
ACS Doha are looking for an experienced Counsellor to start in August 2019.
Overall Job Purpose
- The Counsellor is responsible for a portion of each year group, remaining with those same students over their four years in High School to provide general academic, college and career counseling and social-emotional services.
- The Counsellor works as part of the High School Administrative Team; provides advisement with students/parents/faculty individually, in small/large groups on all aspects of educational planning & development/implementation of programs to meet needs of students & parents; collection & reporting of data.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- MA & certification in school counselling preferred
- University placement in U.S., U.K.
- IB/AP programs
- Family and student counselling
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
ACS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of ACS you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within ACS International Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.