All ACS International Schools students who successfully complete the prescribed course of study receive an accredited High School Diploma. Students pursuing this qualification choose from an extensive range of traditional and contemporary subjects to create their own uniquely challenging programmes. The ACS high school diploma (US) meets the admission requirements for US colleges and universities.
À la carte AP and DP courses offer advanced academic rigour in many subjects. Student can choose courses of study that specialize in particular areas of interest and ability, or meet the admission requirements of more-narrowly-focused national education systems.
All ACS graduates earn an ACS US High School Diploma
A student must gain a minimum of 20 credits in acceptable High School courses, and must complete at least one semester of Senior Year at ACS in order to be eligible.
The following are required credits
- 4 in English
- 6 in Social Studies and Foreign Languages*
- 6 in Mathematics and Science**
- 1 in Arts (Art, Drama and/or Music)
- 2 in Physical Education***
All subject grades on the transcript must be a minimum of "D-" level, in order to be counted towards the Diploma.
An Honours Diploma requires 24 credits. All subject grades on the transcript must be a minimum of "C" level, in order to be counted towards the Honours Diploma.
* at least two credits in the same foreign language and three credits in Social Studies ** at least two credits in each *** students are required to take physical education in grades 9-10. Please note that Diploma requirements may vary from campus to campus. For details please contact an Admissions Department.
Advanced Placement (AP)
The AP is considered the High School standard of academic excellence in the US, and is increasingly accepted as a quality university entrance qualification in Europe and the rest of the world.
Our International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes include the IB Primary Years Programme (IBPYP), IB Middle Years Programme (IBMYP), IB Career-related Programme (IBCP) and the IB Diploma Programme (IBDP).