The World Needs New Thinking. Get Ready.
At ACS we prepare our students to be ready.
Ready for cultures that crossover, boundaries that blur and ideas that interconnect.
Ready for a world that demands a new kind of learning – and a new kind of citizen.
We Engage in Community
• Motivate and value others • When every voice is heard, nobody feels left out • Strong partnerships between students, parents and staff create a genuine feeling of family • Pride in what we do energises the special environment we share • Place value on quality • Engage students in their own education • Together we are dynamic, viable, and secure • Value opinions • Respect for others builds self-respect • Invest in people and they will invest in you • Foster a sense of belonging to enrich a warm and friendly environment • Provide foundation and continuity to the many communities that make up our community • Take all from where they are to where they want to be • Remember, change is exciting as a shared experience • Our global community is an education in itself.
We Drive Positive Change
• Action your wider responsibilities to the world • Always endeavour to do the right thing • Be an ambassador for our extended international community • Promote global citizenship through deeds as well as words • Collaborate to achieve a wider understanding • Get involved in humanitarian issues outside your comfort zone • Promote sustainability as an integral part of everyday life • Never tire of giving to those less fortunate • Strive to provide stability in an uncertain world • Try your best to make others happy • Accept opportunities to contribute in new and uplifting ways • Develop love for the people around you • See a world without barriers • Embrace social responsibility.
We Promote Excellence Through Learning
• Share success • Ensure students leave with more than good grades • Encourage broad talents, as a good education is not all about one thing • Set individual goals, as achievement means different things to different people • The journey is important • Achieve because the focus is on students, lifelong learning and not just results • Inspire all to be the best they can be • Discover and liberate the motivation to succeed that lies in everyone • Embody an ethos that enables excellence, rather than one that delivers excellence at any cost • Encourage integrity as a form of personal excellence • Provide the opportunity for all to succeed through their own desire • Prepare flexible minds • Seed excellence into everything • Succeed with integrity.
We enrich the international experience
• Value and appreciate your role as a contributing member of one Earth • See and affect the world on your doorstep and beyond • Appreciate that international is the norm here • Draw unity from the fact that everyone is from somewhere else • Develop hearts and minds that respect cultural differences • Bring a sense of commonality to diversity • Use diversity to enhance learning • Champion the understanding of all cultures • Remain open-minded and curious • Enjoy the benefits of being part of a cosmopolitan group • Treat all differences thoughtfully • Diversity is stimulating and motivating when understood • Make all feel accepted.
Expected School-Wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
By working to achieve the ESLRs, we build the knowledge, understanding, skills and dispositions that prepare our students to make a difference. This means that every ACS International Schools student is becoming:
An Effective Learner
• Directing their own learning with focus and curiosity • Using a range of languages and media • Working with others for a common purpose • Using creativity and imagination to address big questions • Pursuing individual interests with enthusiasm and determination.
A Confident Individual
• Navigating challenges with confidence and courage • Addressing personal physical, emotional and social well-being • Acting ethically and demonstrating personal integrity • Focusing on the positive in thought and action • Learning and growing through experiences and relationships.
A Caring Contributor
• Considering the world, their ideas and experiences • Building respectful relationships with people different from oneself • Making positive contributions to individuals and communities • Modelling ethical global citizenship • Sustaining the ecological systems and resources that support life.