The World Needs New Thinking. Get Ready.
At ACS we prepare our students to be ready.
Ready for cultures that crossover, boundaries that blur and ideas that interconnect.
Ready for a world that demands a new kind of learning – and a new kind of citizen.
We Engage in Community
• Motivate and value others • When every voice is heard, nobody feels left out • Strong partnerships between students, parents and staff create a genuine feeling of family • Pride in what we do energises the special environment we share • Place value on quality • Engage students in their own education • Together we are dynamic, viable, and secure • Value opinions • Respect for others builds self-respect • Invest in people and they will invest in you • Foster a sense of belonging to enrich a warm and friendly environment • Provide foundation and continuity to the many communities that make up our community • Take all from where they are to where they want to be • Remember, change is exciting as a shared experience • Our global community is an education in itself.
We Drive Positive Change
• Action your wider responsibilities to the world • Always endeavour to do the right thing • Be an ambassador for our extended international community • Promote global citizenship through deeds as well as words • Collaborate to achieve a wider understanding • Get involved in humanitarian issues outside your comfort zone • Promote sustainability as an integral part of everyday life • Never tire of giving to those less fortunate • Strive to provide stability in an uncertain world • Try your best to make others happy • Accept opportunities to contribute in new and uplifting ways • Develop love for the people around you • See a world without barriers • Embrace social responsibility.
We Promote Excellence Through Learning
• Share success • Ensure students leave with more than good grades • Encourage broad talents, as a good education is not all about one thing • Set individual goals, as achievement means different things to different people • The journey is important • Achieve because the focus is on students, lifelong learning and not just results • Inspire all to be the best they can be • Discover and liberate the motivation to succeed that lies in everyone • Embody an ethos that enables excellence, rather than one that delivers excellence at any cost • Encourage integrity as a form of personal excellence • Provide the opportunity for all to succeed through their own desire • Prepare flexible minds • Seed excellence into everything • Succeed with integrity.
We enrich the international experience
• Value and appreciate your role as a contributing member of one Earth • See and affect the world on your doorstep and beyond • Appreciate that international is the norm here • Draw unity from the fact that everyone is from somewhere else • Develop hearts and minds that respect cultural differences • Bring a sense of commonality to diversity • Use diversity to enhance learning • Champion the understanding of all cultures • Remain open-minded and curious • Enjoy the benefits of being part of a cosmopolitan group • Treat all differences thoughtfully • Diversity is stimulating and motivating when understood • Make all feel accepted.
Expected School-Wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
By working to achieve the ESLRs, we build the knowledge, understanding, skills and dispositions that prepare our students to make a difference. This means that every ACS International Schools student is becoming:
An Effective Learner
• Directing their own learning with focus and curiosity • Using a range of languages and media • Working with others for a common purpose • Using creativity and imagination to address big questions • Pursuing individual interests with enthusiasm and determination.
A Confident Individual
• Navigating challenges with confidence and courage • Addressing personal physical, emotional and social well-being • Acting ethically and demonstrating personal integrity • Focusing on the positive in thought and action • Learning and growing through experiences and relationships.
A Caring Contributor
• Considering the world, their ideas and experiences • Building respectful relationships with people different from oneself • Making positive contributions to individuals and communities • Modelling ethical global citizenship • Sustaining the ecological systems and resources that support life.
ACS’s Education Strategy describes general intentions which reflect the desired position for our schools in 2025. Its principal objective is to increase the unique quality and value of the ACS educational experience. Through the strategy’s implementation, we will position the group to respond directly and creatively to geopolitical volatility in our markets and uncertainty in the premium independent international school sector.
The strategy aims to deepen an already solid foundation, driving key innovations that set a stage from which we can choose how to extend our impact into the future.
Over the next five years, the Education Strategy intends to deliver significant change, including:
- a sharper focus on inspirational teaching that continually improves academic results
- demonstrated public benefit and global competence through a greater range of educational experiences
- an expanded and carefully-monitored notion of what it means to belong to a healthy international learning community
- equitable, distinctive, and systematically implemented support for all students to achieve challenging educational goals.
The strategy and its development are true to our “DNA”: an education hallmarked by quality, community, and internationalism.
At ACS, we understand every child needs to feel secure and confident to learn well. We believe that the social and emotional development of a child and the enhancement of positive self-esteem are as important as academic growth and are essential for a child to reach his or her full potential.