The World Needs New Thinking. Get Ready.
At ACS we prepare our students to be ready.
Ready for cultures that crossover, boundaries that blur and ideas that interconnect.
Ready for a world that demands a new kind of learning – and a new kind of citizen.
We Engage In Community
- Action your wider responsibilities to the world
- Always endeavour to do the right thing
- Be an ambassador for our extended international community
- Promote global citizenship through deeds as well as words
- Collaborate to achieve a wider understanding
- Get involved in humanitarian issues outside your comfort zone
- Promote sustainability as an integral part of everyday life
We Drive Positive Change
- Never tire of giving to those less fortunate
- Strive to provide stability in an uncertain world
- Try your best to make others happy
- Accept opportunities to contribute in new and uplifting ways
- Develop love for the people around you
- See a world without barriers
- Embrace social responsibility
We Promote Excellence Through Learning
- Value and appreciate your role as a contributing member of one Earth
- See and affect the world on your doorstep and beyond
- Appreciate that international is the norm here
- Draw unity from the fact that everyone is from somewhere else
- Develop hearts and minds that respect cultural differences
- Bring a sense of commonality to diversity
- Use diversity to enhance learning
We Enrich the International Experience
- Champion the understanding of all cultures
- Remain open-minded and curious
- Enjoy the benefits of being part of a cosmopolitan group
- Treat all differences thoughtfully
- Diversity is stimulating and motivating when understood
- Make all feel accepted.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
By working to achieve the ESLRs, we build the knowledge, understanding, skills and dispositions that prepare our students to make a difference. This means that every ACS International Schools student is becoming:
An Effective Learner
- Directing their own learning with focus and curiosity
- Using a range of languages and media
- Working with others for a common purpose
- Using creativity and imagination to address big questions
- Pursuing individual interests with enthusiasm and determination
A Confident Individual
- Navigating challenges with confidence and courage
- Addressing personal physical, emotional and social well-being
- Acting ethically and demonstrating personal integrity
- Focusing on the positive in thought and action
- Learning and growing through experiences and relationships
A Caring Contributor
- Considering the world, their ideas and experiences
- Building respectful relationships with people different from oneself
- Making positive contributions to individuals and communities
- Modelling ethical global citizenship
- Sustaining the ecological systems and resources that support life
ACS’s Education Strategy describes general intentions which reflect the desired position for our schools in 2025. Its principal objective is to increase the unique quality and value of the ACS educational experience. Through the strategy’s implementation, we will position the group to respond directly and creatively to geopolitical volatility in our markets and uncertainty in the premium independent international school sector.
The strategy aims to deepen an already solid foundation, driving key innovations that set a stage from which we can choose how to extend our impact into the future.
Over the next five years, the Education Strategy intends to deliver significant change, including:
- a sharper focus on inspirational teaching that continually improves academic results
- demonstrated public benefit and global competence through a greater range of educational experiences
- an expanded and carefully-monitored notion of what it means to belong to a healthy international learning community
- equitable, distinctive, and systematically implemented support for all students to achieve challenging educational goals.
The strategy and its development are true to our “DNA”: an education hallmarked by quality, community, and internationalism.