Introduction to the US High School Diploma
All students who graduate from ACS Egham earn an American High School Diploma. 20.5 credits are required, including the following:
- English - 4 credits
- Social Studies, and Foreign Language - 6 credits (a minimum of 3 credits in social studies, and 2 credits in one foreign language)
- Mathematics, and Sciences - 6 credits (a minimum of 2 credits in each area)
- Arts (Art, Drama, Music) - 1 credit
- PE and Health are required in the High School - 1/2 credit.
An Honors Diploma requires 24 credits, including:
- 4 in English
- 7 in Mathematics and Sciences
- 7 in Modern Languages and Social Studies
Students pursuing this qualification choose from an extensive range of traditional and contemporary subjects to create their own uniquely challenging programmes. The ACS High School Diploma meets the admission requirements for US colleges and universities.
À la carte DP courses offer advanced academic rigour in many subjects. Student can choose courses of study that specialize in particular areas of interest and ability, or meet the admission requirements of more-narrowly-focused national education systems.
High School Curriculum
Success in the renowned International Diploma Programme, Career-related, and the US High School Diploma Programme has ensured our graduates leave us to attend the university of their choice anywhere in the world.
To find out more, please join us at one of our open days. Meet the Head of School, our teachers, parents and students and take a campus tour to see why we are the right school for so many local families.
Ready to question and challenge the status quo
Situated on 20 acres of glorious English countryside adjoining the Royal Savill Garden, and only 25 miles from central London, ACS Egham is an IB World School for over 600 students (ages 4 to 18), and 160 expert faculty and staff from over 50 countries.