Key Education Facilities
- Dedicated Early Childhood Village
- Purpose-built Lower, Middle, and High School divisions, each with bespoke learning environments, science labs, libraries, IT hubs, art and music studios
- Multi-functional gym
- New dining hall with panoramic views
- Premium Boarding House
- 21st Century Interactive Learning Centre
- New Performing Arts Centre with bespoke drama and music spaces, practice rooms, and a flagship 509-seat theatre.
- The Arena - an international-sized basketball/volleyball show court with sprung beechwood flooring and tiered seating for 280 spectators
- The Pool - a 25-metre competition-class swimming pool with movable floor, Omega touchpad timing system, electronic scoreboard and time clock, anti-wave lane ropes, and a seated viewing gallery for 178 spectators
- The Studio - a spacious dance studio with sprung beechwood flooring, wall-to-wall mirrors, professional sound system, and specialised aerobics equipment
- The Fitness Suite - with Technogym Wellness Key System comprising 17 cardiovascular machines, eight resistance machines, free weights area and Smith Machine
- The Sports Café - with seating for 50 people, and an outside decking area.
Our 128-acre campus is home to the best range of quality sports facilities of any international school in Europe, with soccer and rugby fields, softball and baseball diamonds, an all-weather track,
Around ACS Cobham
in 80 seconds
EJ Poularas Performing Arts Centre
The latest development on campus is the EJ Poularas Performing Arts Centre with three music classrooms, a music technology suite, practice rooms, two drama studios, performance spaces and a 500+ seat auditorium complete with fly-tower. This impressive addition opened in August 2014.
At least six theatre productions are staged annually, with work ranging from adaptations of Greek tragedy to children’s theatre. Performances take place on campus and in regional theatres with professional facilities and expertise.
The Lower School Library is a busy place where a love of reading is enthusiastically encouraged. Our full spectrum of resources includes literature for pleasure reading, informational materials to find answers for curious minds, and items to support class research and the curriculum.
An international collection of over 16 languages continues to grow to support students’ mother tongue. Classes from PreKindergarten through Grade 4 come for regular lessons with our experienced, certified teacher-librarian. Lessons focus on library skills, use of information, research skills, and literature appreciation.
The Middle School Library is the information hub for the division. Here students learn how to research, collaborate and share knowledge with the world. The library is not simply a room, it is a vast store of online resources and databases, and provides access to an extensive book collection not only within the ACS library consortium, but also through local public libraries and museums.
Our library is continually hosting guest speakers, external experts, and authors, in order to enrich the learning experience. We also help students access and use primary sources effectively, enabling them to draw their own conclusions from research.
The modern vibrant space of our High School library offers students access to over 15,500 books, DVD’s, CDs, audiobooks, journal articles and ebooks. To best support our international student body, our fiction comes in 22 languages and our DVD collection in 18 languages.
In addition to the physical collection, the library has extensive access to academic research materials through our 27 online database and subscription services.
The library is staffed by a professionally qualified Librarian with a library assistant and an IT Integrationist for technical support. As a team we are able to fully support the information and digital literacy needs of the school. In addition, the Librarian provides ad hoc information skills sessions which are project driven by the curriculum, as well as support in the IB extended Essay, AP Seminar and Capstone Research Programmes.
Our library provides a diverse mix of study areas; the main space is for group work and to host class visits to carry out research projects. There is also a Silent Study Room. All with desktop provision. We also maintain a large number of laptops.
We provide a number of recommended reading lists with Lexile Scoring which supports the MAP testing programme and from which students can choose materials appropriate to their reading and comprehension levels. In addition, we support our EAL student population through specialised EAL fiction materials, materials in English and world language alternatives as well as books with audio versions.
Facilities at ACS Cobham
The main thrust of our programme is student enrichment and participation. At least six theatre productions are staged annually, with work ranging from adaptations of Greek tragedy to children’s theatre.
The school's Catering Department is operated in-house, enabling us to employ and train all our own chefs.